top of page

High School Bus Events

Public·5 members
Landon Diaz
Landon Diaz

Stage Plot Software Free REPACK

I couldn't care less how cool it looks. I just want it to be functional, and for me it is. I have far better things to spend my time on that concerning myself with how visually appealing my stage plot is.

Stage Plot Software Free

Download Zip: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Furlcod.com%2F2u1nbT&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AOvVaw2vD-7JB7JgWjW5TrMtP9o7

Granted I rarely need a stage plot. We usually play the bar/club circuit where no stage plots are needed, and when we do do larger gigs (Earth Day festivals, Street dances ect....) the stuff at free stage plots looks a lot better and is easier to read than the hand drawn and scribbled stage plots on notebook paper that most bands hand in. I just don't see any point in spending any time worrying about how "cool" something like that is.

I don't have to provide stage plot information all that often since we usually use our own PA. However, when I am asked to provide it - I give 'em two documents. One is a simple diagram I put together using Powerpoint - the other is a input list that I created in Excell.

StagePlotPro is a program designed to create professional stage plots for stage managers and sound engineers. The text you enter into the Input List Window will be written to the section beneath the stage. In the preferences window, you may specify whether you want to group 8 lines of text per block, 10 lines, or use up to 3 columns of text per block.

Hollywood movies are simple. Though writing a successful Hollywood movie is certainly not easy, the stories for mainstream Hollywood films are all built on only three basic components: character, desire and conflict. All film stories portray a hero who faces seemingly insurmountable obstacles as he or she pursues a compelling objective. Whether it's Clarice Starling trying to stop Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs, Captain Miller Saving Private Ryan, or Billy Elliott trying to gain admission to a ballet school, all these protagonists confront overwhelming conflict in their pursuit of some visible goal. Plot structure simply determines the sequence of events that lead the hero toward this objective. And whether you're writing romantic comedies, suspense thrillers, historical dramas or big budget science fiction, all successful Hollywood movies follow the same basic structure. In a properly structured movie, the story consists of six basic stages, which are defined by five key turning points in the plot. Not only are these turning points always the same; they always occupy the same positions in the story. So what happens at the 25% point of a 90-miniute comedy will be identical to what happens at the same percentage of a three-hour epic. These percentages apply both to the running time of the film and the pages of your screenplay. Since one script page equals approximately one minute on the screen, the 75% mark of a 120-page screenplay will occur at page 90, or about 90 minutes into the two-hour film.

How to Create a Stage PlotA stage plot is needed by every touring band. Musicians often create their Stage Plot very basic, drawing it with a pencil on paper, or with a basic drawing software. We recommend you definetly using a Free Stage Plot Designer software.

Definitely download the trial first. I made a stage plot with the Mac version and while it basically works, it is frustratingly buggy. E.g. the selection model is strange to begin with and also has outright bugs. Undo is a bit flaky. The text for the input list is basically write only. If you need to make an edit, you retype it apparently. Some output rendering issues. I went from being happy to buy a copy to make a few good looking stage plots to being sorry I wasted my time.

Thanks, everyone. Visio would be $250 for me cause I use Office 2010 (i Know). I don't think I'd have another use for it, so Stage Plot Pro (complete version free for 30 days, $39.99 pay once), seems like the better idea. Yes, the graphics are probably overkill, but It kinda looks fun and might stimulate my thinking about stage layout. I guess it gets used in the industry.

I wouldnt buy a SW app just to make a stage plot if it was for my own one, two or even three bands. If I made stage plots all the time, regularly, like i was an agent helping 100 bands, then it would make sense.

If the question really is, what needs to be on a stage plot, just remember that the real purpose is to let the venue know what they need to have ready for you, before you play. So: who is playing where, and who needs monitors, mics, and DI's.

Venues get everything from hand-scribbled notes to professionally generated stage plots, so don't worry too much about right or wrong, just let them know who will be where and what the venue will need to prepare to make set-up seamless.

If you are the sound guy or stage manager for the venue, your whole job is putting out the proper equipment for the night, getting the board set up, (depending on the venue) running a monitor feed. But the club has bands every night. So you don't know if you are going to have a hipster duo or a metal four-piece or a jam-band 7-piece. So without a stage plot...what do they do with that advance time?

LXFree is, as its name implies, totally free to use for non-commercial purposes! Here's why: The goal of the LX Series is to make great and low cost software tools available to lighting designers. Giving away the basic application builds a strong foundation for meeting this goal.

Stage plots are not often used in small productions where for example, you have someone speaking from the stage giving a lecture and using a single monitor or a theatrical production that only requires a few vocal microphones.

Like the input list, the stage plot can be as basic or detailed as needed. The most basic show the position of musicians and monitor mixes on stage. More advanced stage plots can also show things like drum riser dimensions, distances between musicians, AC power drops, and any other pertinent info.

If you are the sound engineer at a venue working with different acts all the time, you will likely draw up an input list and stage plot when the band arrives and you find out what you are dealing with.

The input list and stage plot are two important documents that should be part of every gig. Both serve as a map, the input list is a guide for patching the snake and console and the stage plot is a guide for patching the stage. They are also very helpful in troubleshooting.

In order to make best use of talent and crew time when you're shooting video, you need to have a clear idea of the setup of your lights, audio, and camera gear ahead of time. The stage plot is an essential part of this plan.

We start our stage plot with a simple sketch. The purpose of the sketch is to help you imagine your shoot, and to make sure that your space, camera, lights, crew, actors and so on are all actually appropriate for what you have in mind.

As a video maker, the only thing worse than showing up for your shoot day to realize it's not going to work as you planned is realizing what you're trying to do is just not going to work at all. The stage plot helps avoid that.

Your stage plot should be as specific as possible. You don't necessarily need to include your water bottle on it, but the more details you can provide, the better. Does the drum set need to be stage right instead of behind the band? Does your keyboard player only set up facing a certain direction? Make sure your stage plot includes that. The locations of vocal mics, amplifiers, preferred monitor locations, and where you need outlets should all be clearly indicated and labeled.

The stage plot can also be a good place to have notes about some general monitor mixes, what certain members want in their mixes, or if they don't need certain elements in a mix at all. If the singer gets crippling stage fright because there's no reverb/delay in his or her monitor, within these notes would be the place to make that clear. For all you drummers out there, letting your sound tech know how many pieces are in your kit is also great info to have ahead of time to plan accordingly and can save headaches the day of the show. It's also helpful to know if your amp has a direct out or if you need a DI box placed somewhere.

The band name and contact info for this stage plot have been removed (which you should always include, especially the name and contact info of the most tech-savvy band member), but this is a great example of a clean and clear stage plot. The preferred location of DIs, power, monitors, amplifiers, band members, and vocal mics is obvious, and there's not too much extraneous information on the plot itself. Below, as mentioned earlier, are some general monitor mix notes so that your tech can establish a baseline mix to speed up your soundcheck, and you can spend more time dialing in a great sound rather than simply getting your levels balanced.

As far as making a stage plot goes, it doesn't need to be incredibly artistic. In fact, in most cases, the simpler the better. If your stage plot involves a full-color key and is best viewed on a 14"x18" piece of paper, you've probably gone too far. Basic knowledge in most word processing programs can yield you a very functional stage plot. Something as simple and plain as this works great:

Also, keep in mind that your sound tech knows the venue best. If it's a 100-person venue and the sound tech tells you that you don't need the 12 channels of drum mics specified on your input list and suggests going with a four or five microphone setup, it's almost always best to defer to his or her judgment. The same goes for outboard gear and specific mic requests. Unless you travel with your own microphones or rack of outboard processing and the appropriate cables, you may not always be able to have your designated preferences. If you do travel with these things, you should definitely include that on your stage plot or input list.

Here is a list of best free stage lighting software for Windows. Using these free software, you can design and simulate stage lightings for various performance, theatre, dance, and live shows. These software let you setup a stage floor plan and then add various lighting fixtures according to your requirements. You can add lighting equipment like moving lights, track spotlights, LED stage lights, Fresnel lantern, strip lights, scoop light, wash light, etc. These software provide inbuilt catalogs of lighting products from real manufacturers. Additionally, many of these software provide an option to import local luminaire files.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

• thejourney27
  • Hanah Baring
    Hanah Baring
  • Alfred Popov
    Alfred Popov
  • Landon Diaz
    Landon Diaz
  • Eli Anderson
    Eli Anderson
bottom of page